2L/3L Mentoring Program
The PLDIC, in partnership with the Allegheny County Bar Association, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University, and the Pittsburgh Black Lawyers Alliance, relaunched the 2L/3L Mentoring Program for 2023-2024.
All participants in the ACBA 1L Summer Clerkship program were automatically enrolled in the 2L/3L Mentoring Program. Additionally, a select number of mentees are 2022-2023 program participants. All selected mentees received a one-year student membership to the ACBA sponsored by the PLDIC.
Mentors are a diverse cohort of attorneys from law firms, corporations, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Our kickoff event was held on June 1 at 5:30 p.m. at Emerald City. View event photos.
Mentor/Mentee matches were announced in June 2023.
- Pirates Pride Night: Mentors joined their mentees at Pirates Pride Night on June 9. View event photos.
- All Affinity Happy Hour: Program participants attended this ACBA happy hour at Café Momentum on June 29. View event photos.
- SCP Community Service Event: Mentors joined their mentees at Global Links on July 15 for a community service event. View event photos.
- SCP Night at the Theater: Mentees and Mentors attended a reception at Fogo de Chao on July 28, followed by the performance of Once on This Island at the Benedum. View event photos.
- PLDIC Family Picnic: PLDIC’s Community Building Committee and the 2L/3L Mentoring Program held our first ever PLDIC Family Picnic on August 26. View event photos.
- Diverse Law Students Reception: Mentors joined mentees at the ACBA’s Diverse Law Students Reception on September 21 between 5-8 p.m. presented by the YLD Diversity Committee.
As an added benefit, Mentors and Mentees will have access to a Slack group where program participants can chat with one another, post upcoming events of interest, and share helpful resources.